[Spambayes] Minor inconvenience with SpamBayes new version

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 16:46:57 EST 2004

> I've just  installed the new version of the Outlook
> add-in. No problem during install. Then I ran the
> 'Filter messages' action on the inbox (which was
> previously scanned by the previous version) and about
> 50% of the message were moved to the 'Spam Suspects'
> folders and a very small number were moved to the 'spam'
> folder. Is this a one-time fluke or what?

How long ago did you filter the inbox with 008.1?  If it was some time ago,
then this is probably just because you've done training since those messages
were filtered, which effected their score.

There are a few quite minor changes in the tokenizer with 0.9, but it seems
highly unlikely that those would cause this sort of effect.  If you look at
the clues for the newly filtered mail, do they make sense?  An example set
of clues would really help here.

=Tony Meyer

---