[Spambayes] double listing of all inbox emails

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 19:52:22 EST 2004

> 	I have windows xp pro operating system and use the
> Outlook package. Since installing Spambayes 8.1, I have 2 of
> everything in my inbox.  This seems to happen after I delete
> the first email message.  I have looked at the trouble
> shooting guide but did not see anything relating to this problem.

So you only have one copy, then you delete ("delete" or "delete as spam"?) a
message and there are suddenly two copies?  Are you using Outlook with
Exchange, IMAP, POP3, Hotmail, or some mixture?

What happens if you delete again?  Do you get a third copy?  Do you have
spambayes set to move or copy messages?  (In the Filtering tab of the
Manager dialog).

> There are no log files on my system for Spambayes or should I
> say I can not find them.

They are in your temp directory, and if spambayes is running, there will be
log files.  The troubleshooting guide explains where to find them, but it's
probably in: "c:\documents and settings\[username]\local settings\temp".

=Tony Meyer

---