[Spambayes] Advice

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 19:58:48 EST 2004

> Thanks for the response, Tony. Yes, I deactivated SpamBayes
> and the problem went away. Then I uninstalled SpamBayes and
> reinstalled it; old problem returned. I also read all the
> "Known Bugs Reports" and the Forum Q&As on the SpamBayes
> Website and could not find this problem discussed or any
> resolution ideas.
>
> I did try Outlook's "Detect and Repair" function and that did
> not solve the problem. When I shut down Outlook, re-opened
> it, checked for new messages, and then shut Outlook down
> again, I got the same dialogue box about restarting Outlook
> and sending an error report to Microsoft.
>
> Any suggestions?

You could try the new 1.0a9 (0.9) release - it's on the download page, and
the release announcement will go out at some point today.

Other than that, I'm pretty much out of ideas.  The plug-in does very little
when Outlook shuts down, and there shouldn't be anything that causes this
sort of problem.  You could open a bug report on sf, and maybe Mark or
someone will be able to figure something else out.

Sorry I can't be of more use...

=Tony Meyer

---