[Spambayes] Spambayes bug?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 14 23:19:16 EST 2004

> Spambayes Outlook plugin 1.0a9
> When tested on e-mail account of one of our domain
> administrators we found that Spambayes not only cleans
> his account, but then goes through the every e-mail
> account on the entire exchange server looking for spam.

What folders does he have SpamBayes set up to filter?  Check that only those
that are meant to be there are listed, and be careful about the "include
subfolders" checkbox. (This is on the Filtering tab of the Manager dialog).

Otherwise, the log file should have useful information - at least it should
say whether it is deliberating filtering all those folders.
SpamBayes->Help->Troubleshooting Guide explains where to find the log files.

=Tony Meyer

---