[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.0a9 (0.9)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 14 23:48:17 EST 2004

> It really wrappes the problem we've discuss recently -- those of
> malformed multipart messages.
[...]
> But where the unparseable did gone? It's not in the
> Inbox, so probably to Unsure. Indeed, there is a message there,
> consisting of three lines in View Source:
[...]
> and nothing more, no subject, no multipart, nothing else. And
> it's like this in the raw mailfolder file also (Netscape 4.8).
>
> Guess it's not a big deal, as far as the malformed was a spam anyway,
> but probably that's (eating up the whole message and replacing it with
> custom Spambayes headers) not what you've intended.

Yikes!  Sorry - I should have paid more attention when that fix was checked
in, and tested it to see if it would work.  It handles the exception and
keeps going, printing out the nice error message, but then it returns where
it shouldn't, and keeps on going, using a blank message.  I'm pretty sure
that this will inflate the ham/spam count in the db and will result in the
spambayes-header only messages which are almost certain to be unsure.

Note that unless something is doing an expunge on your imap folders the
original message is still there, it's just marked for deletion, so you can
get it back.  I'll put a warning about this in the "known issues" section of
the FAQ, too.

I'm working up a proper solution to the problem, and will check it into CVS
shortly.  If all goes to plan, the break between this release and the next
will be much shorter than the break between 1.0a7 and 1.0a9, so it should be
out soon.  Otherwise, once it's in anonymous CVS, you can grab
sb_imapfilter.py v1.26, drop it in place of your existing sb_imapfilter.py
script, and all will be well.

Apologies for this.

=Tony Meyer

---