[Spambayes] Problem with SpamBayes 1.0a9 & procmail

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 16 18:21:17 EST 2004

> The installation is a fresh one, with a hammiedb created
> today from 407 spams and 494 hams.
[...]
>       assert hamcount <= nham
>    AssertionError

This is definitely a database error (basically your database is corrupt - it
contains one or more tokens that have been seen in more ham than you have
trained, which is impossible).  The solution is to either manually fix the
database or (preferably) retrain from scratch.

As to *how* it got corrupted, I don't know :)  Remi would have more of an
idea here, since he uses sb_filter/sb_mboxtrain and I don't.  (If do you
figure out a way to corrupt the db, then we've love to know so that we can
protect against it).

=Tony Meyer

---