[Spambayes] Two issues with the Outlook plug-in (1.09a)

Mark Hammond mhammond at keypoint.com.au
Tue Feb 17 19:02:14 EST 2004

> 1. IMO, there should be a 'help->version' button that
> just displays the version.

The 'SpamBayes Manager' is supposed to show the version, on the 'General'
tab.  Is that not being displayed for you?

> 2. If I click on the button 'show spam clues for current message', a new
mail
> message is created, with the clues, etc. However, it seems that the
> original message is now marked as read. My question is - does it also
trigger
> sending a 'read receipt' if the original message had this flag enabled?

http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html, question 3.10

Regarding your other question regarding the pros and cons of the addin
versus the server program: If you use Outlook exclusively, then I know of no
good reason to use the server program, as the addin does everything it does,
and a little more.  If Outlook is not your exclusive mailer, and advantage
of the server program is that you can share the system amongst them all.

Mark.