[Spambayes] Problem with Outlook Plugin

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Feb 18 19:27:52 EST 2004

> I've been using (and loving) SpamBayes at home for a while now.
> I decided to install the Outlook Plugin (0.7?  0.8?)

I'd recommend using 1.0a9 (0.9) and not 0.7 or 0.81 - there are lots of
bugfixes in the later release, and you're more likely to have success.

> I would like to start clean by uninstalling the plugin and then
> I will remove the training and configuration.  Can someone point
>  me at which files to remove once the plugin has been uninstalled?

The configuration is stored in a file called [profile name].ini (possibly
"Outlook.ini").  The training is stored in a file called
default_bayes_database.db.  Both of these are a "SpamBayes" folder in your
"Application Data" directory.  The FAQ explains where to find this, but if
you're using Windows NT/2k/XP, it's probably C:\Documents and
Settings\[username]\Application Data, and if you're using Windows 95/98/ME,
I think it's probably C:\Windows\Application Data.

=Tony Meyer

---