[Spambayes] Maintain training with Outlook?

Russ Foster russ_foster at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 14:58:28 EST 2004

I have the spam problem (large imbalance of spam:ham).

It's probably not the most elegant solution, but I just manually move some
of my 'ham' (from the inbox, even though it was classified properly as
ham) into the 'unsure' folder.

Then highlight these good messages and click "Recover from Spam".

NOTE: Drastic measure ahead...

Here's something that saves a step or two:

Create a new toolbar that includes both "Delete..." and "Recover..."
buttons (you can drap and drop the buttons from the SB toolbar to the new
one).  Dock this next to the original SB toolbar.

Now these buttons are always available.

WARNING: I'm not sure if this affects anything else in Spambayes, but so
far, it seems to be working.

-r

russ_foster at comcast.net
630-629-0843 home