[Spambayes] Upgrade to Spam Bayes stopped filtering

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 19 17:43:59 EST 2004

> I upgraded this morning to the latest SpamBayes 0.9
> Feb 2004, since that time all Spam Filtering has stopped.
> What did I do wrong?  I checked the configuration
> and all appears to be well.  I noticed that the install
> went into a different folder than the earlier version
> C;\Program Files\SpamBayes as opposed to the previous
> C:\Program Files\Spambayes Outlook Addin.

Did you uninstall your previous version first?  Because there were major
changes in the way the installer is built, we recommend doing that, although
it isn't usually necessary.

> Did all my learning history on Spam get lost?

It's unlikely.  In your data directory, there will be a
"default_bayes_customize.db" file, which holds the training data.  Neither
the [un]installer for the previous versions, nor the one for 0.9 touches
this file, and both 0.8 and 0.9 look for the files in the same place*.

If you could send us your log file(s), that would greatly help to figure out
what is happening.

=Tony Meyer

* Unless you have setup SpamBayes to use multiple configuration files, and
have put one in the directory that SpamBayes is installed into; this is very
uncommon.

---