[Spambayes] outlook causing unknown error when closed

Jason reesj01 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:11:08 EST 2004

Hi all,

I was having this same problem and I seem to have fixed it.

When you get the error message asking if you want to restart Outlook,
click on the link after the words, "To see what data this error report
contains, click here".  Up the top of this next screen, there is a
Module Name.  For me it was gpgexch.dll which is a GPG encryption
plug-in.  After removing that plug-in, it all seemed to work perfectly.

I'm not sure how this all works but I have had that plug-in installed
for months before I had SpamBayes and I have only had the error since
SpamBayes was installed.  Needless to say, I need SpamBayes more than I
need GPG.

Is it possible that the SpamBayes plug-in has somehow messed with the
other plugins?  For other people it may be a different plug-in than GPG
that is causing the problem but uninstalling the GPG plug-in definitely
worked for me.

I'm happy to email off list if anyone wants further info about this.

Regards,

Jason