[Spambayes] finearts@sonic.net

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:37:20 EST 2004

This message that I just sent to the list may help you since it
addresses a similar issue. Here is a link to it in the Spambayes list
archive:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2004-February/011374.html

Port 8880 is the port number that SpamBayes is using to provide it's
Web-based user interface. This port is not used at all for actual
proxying of mail. "POP3 proxy running on" indicates the port that
SpamBayes is listening on for local connections to the POP3 interface,
and "proxying to" indicates the mail server that SpamBayes will talk to
to retrieve the e-mail. Since these are on different machines, it is
fine for the port number to be the same.

The key is to configure Outlook Express to use "localhost" as the mail
server instead of "pop.sonic.net". See the referenced message for
additional details on how to set up Outlook Express and determine if
SpamBayes is processing the messages.

--
Kenny Pitt

  _____