[Spambayes] Database Format

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 21 21:01:38 EST 2004

> OK I'm still struggling with exporting the database.
> This is driving me nuts.  I installed Python2.3 in hopes
> that this would fix the problem.  It installed the binary
> in /usr/bin/python2.3 and I changed the sb_dbexpimp.py
> script to use the 2.3 executable.  Im now getting the following
> error:
>
> # sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d default_bayes_database.db -f bayes.export
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/sb_dbexpimp.py", line 104, in ?
>     import spambayes.storage
> ImportError: No module named spambayes.storage

You need to install spambayes for python2.3.  Run "/usr/bin/python2.3
setup.py install" in the directory you expanded the spambayes archive into
to install the spambayes package.

Alternatively, you can instruct python to look for the spambayes package
elsewhere with the PYTHONPATH environment variable - set it to include the
spambayes directory in the directory you expanded the spambayes archive into
(the one with the "__init__.py" file in it).

=Tony Meyer

---