[Spambayes] 500 server error

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 21 21:58:16 EST 2004

> Please let me know what steps I should take due to this error.
> Restarted service, etc., but same result.
[...]
> 500 Server error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
> ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 43

I *think* that what's happening is that there's something in your config
file that the web interface can't display (like a <, > or &), although I
can't think of any options where there would be one of those characters,
unless it's the path to the config file itself; I'm not sure if these are
correctly turned into entities or not (I suspect not) - there was a recent
bug with the imapfilter interface as a result of this.

(I'm not sure why this error would suddenly appear, though).

Would you be able to send me (offlist, if you like) a copy of your
configuration file, and the path to it?  (like "C:\My
Folder\bayescustomize.ini").  Feel free to edit any private data out of it,
as long as you leave any non-alphanumeric characters alone (change all
letters to X, or something).

=Tony Meyer

---