[Spambayes] Problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 23 03:32:42 EST 2004

> I have the SpamBayes toolbar, but SpamBayes Manager is not
> correctly configured - the folders show as "unknown"   When I
> try to start the Configuration Wizard to fix this,
> nothing at all happens!   Everything else seems OK, but, of
> course, it isn't working properly!
> I have also picked up the latest version and installed it.

Your log file(s) would really help here.  The troubleshooting guide (a copy
is installed with the software, or there's an electronic copy on our
website) explains where to find them.

Did you uninstall the old version before installing the new one?  1.0a9
fixes a couple of bugs with situations like this, so that the config wizard
should still work (although it's hard to tell if this is the same without
the log).

To completely reset your configuration, simply rename/remove the file
"[profile name].ini" in your data directory (it might be called
"Outlook.ini").  The FAQ explains where the data directory is.  This won't
lose any training that you have done.