[Spambayes] Spambayes and Outlook 2003

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 23 18:27:41 EST 2004

> I've dowloaded this:  spambayes-1.0a9.exe and installed.
> I'm getting errors at startup and Outlook is hanging.

Are you upgrading from a previous version of spambayes, or is 1.0a9 the
first?  Are any log files created (the troubleshooting guide - an online
copy is on the documentation page of the website - explains where to find
them)?  If so, sending those in would really help.

You could also try deleting your configuration, and configuring again (you
won't lose any training that you've done).  This is in a file called
"[profile name].ini", or "Outlook.ini" in the data directory (in your data
directory; the FAQ explains where to find that).

> See attached errors from screen shots.

By the way, it'd be much nicer to just have a description of the errors than
screen shots in a rtf file in a zip archive; attachments are really hard to
trust these days.

=Tony Meyer

---