[Spambayes] RE: POP3 proxy blew up while trying to train - Uh, never mind...

Kurt kurtbuff at spro.net
Mon Feb 23 20:04:21 EST 2004

Replying to my own message:

I simply exited SpamBayes, renamed hammie.db, and restarted it.

It trained 668 messages just fine after that.

However, I noticed while doing this that I have 5162 hams cached, and
only 577 spams cached. I train on everything, which may not be the best
strategy, but it's the easiest I can see.

As a matter of hygiene, would it make a difference if I started cleaning
out the ham cache, to bring it in to line with the size of the spam
cache?

If that doesn't make a difference, is there a relatively easy way to
implement one of the other strategies?