[Spambayes] Security Risk

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Tue Feb 24 09:33:39 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:20:27 -0600, Lloyd Wilkinson
<profitfaucet at charter.net> wrote:

> How can I be assured that spambayes is not a Trojan, worm, virus or
> other nasty security risk to my machine?

Well, the best I can respond to that is that the real identities of the
Spambayes' authors are known, we are not operating under screen names and
forged mail addresses, this mailing list exists to which the authors
regularly respond, there is a formal software development process in
place, and the source for the program is open for anyone to inspect,
including the legal authorities who would be responsible for prosecuting
the well known list of contributors were the program to actually BE
malware, which, of course, it is NOT.

That said, if you don't believe it, don't install it.  That's the
philosophy you should apply to all software you install on your computer.

--

Exprimez vous!; Exprésese; Esprimi te stesso; Express yourself!
Tim Stone