[Spambayes] Spam Score Field in Outlook Plugin

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Sat Feb 28 10:35:46 EST 2004

I think you'll find that if you try to apply that view to a folder that has not been scanned (i.e., not all messages have the "Spam" field), Outlook will remove the Spam field from the view. I think (although I'm not certain of this) that the removal is effective in all folders thenceforth. To avoid the problem, scan each folder before applying the view to it.

My experience is with Outlook 2000 (under Windows 2000 and XP), so I can't be certain that more recent Outlook versions will exhibit the same behavior.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]On Behalf Of Steve Zimmerman
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 3:03 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] Spam Score Field in Outlook Plugin

Your documentation states that it is necessary to manually add this field in every folder where you want it.  However, there is a way to make this part of a standard view (such as "Messages") so that it automatically appears in every folder with that view.  First, make sure that the "Advanced" toolbar is displayed; this contains a dropdown box with the current view selected.  Next, add the Spam Score Field as per your documentation, and position and size it the way you want.  Finally, click in the dropdown box so that the current view is highlighted, and hit Enter.  The current column layout is now the standard for the selected view.  The first time certain folders are selected they may not show this column, but clicking to a different folder and then clicking back to them fixes this problem.

            Steve