[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy

hxamaranth at hotmail.com hxamaranth at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 29 13:42:25 EST 2004

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: SpamBayesServer1.log
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 179 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------
I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 0.4 (February 2004) (binary),
with version 2.3.2+ (#49, Oct 23 2003, 15:50:06) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)] of Python; my operating system is Windows 4.10.67766222.1 (
).  I have trained 0 ham and 0 spam.    The problem I am having is
with setting up SpamBytes in Outlook Express.  On the configuration
page I am using "mail.comcast.net" on Port 25 as shown in my Comcast
account settings in Outlook Express.  The outgoing smtp server is
"smtp.comcast.net" on port 110.    According to the configuration
page:  Remote Servers: The SpamBayes POP3 proxy intercepts incoming
email and classifies it before sending it on to your email client. You
need to specify which POP3 server(s) you wish it to intercept - a POP3
server address typically looks ike "pop3.myisp.net". If you use more
than one server, simply separate their names with commas. You can get
these server names from your existing email configuration, or from
your ISP or system administrator. If you are using Web-based email,
you can't use the SpamBayes POP3 proxy (sorry!). IN YOUR EMAIL
CLIENT'S CONFIGURATION, WHERE YOU WOULD NORMALLY PUT YOUR POP3 SERVER
ADDRESS, YOU SHOULD NOW PUT THE ADDRESS OF THE MACHINE RUMMING
SpamBayes.    The address of the local machine?  What does that mean?
It's a desktop computer, it doesn't have an address.  I tried using
"localhost" but that did not work.  Do I need to use
"http://localhost" or something of that sort?