[Spambayes] imap4 filter

Neal Stoughton nmstough at uci.edu
Fri Jan 2 15:45:10 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Meyer" <tameyer at ihug.co.nz>
To: "'Neal Stoughton'" <nmstough at uci.edu>; <spambayes at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 16:15
Subject: RE: [Spambayes] imap4 filter

> I ran the training again and got exactly the same set of
> messages from the traceback; although as you predicted the
> memory error occurred relatively quickly (within 1 minute
> of the start).  I have no idea at which point its dying.

I suspect that it is one message that it's choking on, then.  If you like, I
can try and track this down with you to verify that it is.  If it is the
case, then I think the best behaviour would be for imapfilter to check for
the MemoryError at that point and if it occurs to print out a warning and
carry on (skipping that message).

If you do want to do this, the first step is to run imapfilter with the
"-i4" switch.  This will result in it printing out *lots* of information
(basically all the commands to and from the IMAP server.  I'm interested in
the one just before the crash, which should be some sort of FETCH.  That
will identify the message that is causing the problem.  If you then run it
again, it should be the same message id the next time before the crash.

Verifying that it's the same message would be enough, but if you wanted, we
could also then check the reason (I suspect it's a *huge* message, perhaps
one with lots of attachments).

Im not sure exactly what I should do here.  I ran the program and got the
output below.  So it does not seem to recognize the command option, or am I
misunderstanding something?  Then what am I supposed to do.  Run the
training again and look at some debug file?  Which one?

----

C:\Python23>python scripts\sb_imapfilter.py -i4
SpamBayes IMAP Filter Beta1, version 0.1 (September 2003),
using SpamBayes IMAP Filter Web Interface Alpha2, version 0.02
and engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003).

-b, -c, or -t operands must be specified.
Please use the -h operand for help.