[Spambayes] One small (yet critical) feature needed... fake "bounce" reply

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Sat Jan 3 16:00:29 EST 2004

[Rick]
> SpamBayes only needs one critical feature to make it ideal.  We need to be
> able to send a fake "undeliverable" email to the senders of spam.  The
> spammers will see the fake "undeliverable" email and then remove our email
> address from their lists.

This is a really bad idea.  In most cases the bounce will go to some poor
innocent bystander whose email the spammer is using as the From or
Reply-To address.

A spammer has in the past used my email address as his From address.  I
received about 2,000 bounce messages per day for several weeks.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com