[Spambayes] POP3Proxy: too long delay

Sylvain Beucler beuc at beuc.net
Sun Jan 4 10:03:32 EST 2004

Hello,

I am running SpamBayes as a proxy server under GNU, and I use Balsa.
Everything is fine, but when I receive a big mail (eg with
attachements), Balsa do not get any mail - though SpamBayes displays it
in the 'Review' section, and do not remove it from the server.
Aworkaround is to get the mail from the original POP3 server
directly :/

Since SpamBayes has to analyse all the e-mail content before to relay
it, I believe Balsa thinks the POP3 server is not responding; it
outputs: "Authentication failed" on the terminal.

Unfortunately I cannot set Balsa's wait time :/

So:
Since the error is "Authentication error", it may mean that the proxy
should "flush" its output more often: maybe it did not relayed the
authentication confirmation fast enough?

--
Sylvain