[Spambayes] Persistent spambayes engine ?

Carlos G Mendioroz tron at huapi.ba.ar
Thu Jan 8 07:46:17 EST 2004

Hi,
I'm in the process of evaluating the use of SpamBayes for a site,
i.e., for all the mail hosted at a server.

So far I've been running it on my home server w/o problems, and
doing much better than the Netscape 7.1 spam filter after being
trained with its (NS71) spam log of 2 weeks and another week or so.
(very approximate numbers for me are 70/30 true pos/false neg for NS
and 90/10 for spambayes 1.0a7)

Now, it seems to me (although I can be way wrong) that the instantiation
work of sb_filter is way high compared to the real processing time.
If that were true, then having a "long lived" server could be a good
idea for a site.

Would it be ? Sorry if that was already discussed, I've found no traces
of such in my searches.
Also, I'm aware that this would have only one spam database and that
database update access should be somehow controlled and... but still
I guess site spam marking is worth.

Regards,

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron at huapi.ba.ar>  LW7 EQI  Argentina