[Spambayes] Outlook plugin and Exchange Server anti-virus

Chuck Renner crenner at dynalivery.com
Thu Jan 8 15:22:45 EST 2004

> Something about this doesn't quite add up. If you're running
> NAV on the server, it's hard to see how Spambayes gets its
> hands on the message before NAV is done with it. Is it
> possible that instead (or in addition) you're running NAV's
> "MS Exchange Realtime Protection" on the client? If so, you
> may be duplicating work that the server has already done. In
> that scenario, it's the client version of NAV, not the server
> version, that's jockeying with Spambayes for custody of the
> message. In which case simply turning off the NAV scan on the
> client may solve the problem.

Well, something in the latest version is causing the server-side scanner
to have a problem, as that's the only thing that's changed.

I am also running NAV on the workstation, so as a test, I've turned off
the auto-protect.  However, it normally throws a dialog box when it
detects something, and appears to only check the messages when they're
opened.  The local NAV was running previously with no problems of this
sort.