[Spambayes] Bug report or maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Nick C. Svolos sik1 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 10 21:00:56 EST 2004

First off, my apologies for bugging you with this.  I tried to log this
on SourceForge, but for the life of me I can't get it to give me the
option to log a bug, even after logging in several times.

I have been using SpamBayes 8.1 on Outlook2000 on a Win98SE machine for
many months now and love it.  It all worked fine.  Over the holidays I
upgraded to WinXP, and the SpamBayes install broke.  I have since
removed and reinstalled both SpamBayes and Outlook several times to see
if I could work out the problem, but to no avail.

The problem I have is that when I press either button on the SB toolbar
in Outlook, a "Windows Installer" dialog pops up.  It then asks me for
the Microsoft Office 2000 Premium CD, stating that it's looking for the
data1.msi file.  But when I put that file in there, it's still not happy
with it and it tells me that it's the wrong file.

I have included the three log files from this install.  Hopefully it
will make a bit more sense to you that it's making for me.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.
Nick Svolos
AKA: The Sik1
Torrance, Ca.