[Spambayes] Missed mail; deleting messages

Yang Zhang yang.zhang at overbored.net
Sun Jan 11 01:49:11 EST 2004

SpamBayes sometimes misses messages, even with background filtering enabled.
I know this has been brought up before, but I'm wondering why it's able to
score the messages, but not filter them, and whether or not there's anything
I can do about it.

Another question: since dragging a message to/from the Junk E-Mail folder is
the same as using the "Delete as Spam" button, would dragging the messages
to the Deleted Items folder (or hitting Delete) have the same effect? What
about subsequently dragging them out of the Deleted Items folder? Also, does
dragging to/from the Junk Suspects folder have any effect (where the other
folder isn't Junk E-Mail)?

Thanks in advance.