[Spambayes] pop3proxy web ui

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Sun Jan 11 10:35:11 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 19:12, Tony Meyer wrote:
> > 1.  Use a textarea for entering the IDs.  That way I could
> > have just plopped the whole list in there.
>
> That wouldn't have worked - it would have tried to find an id with the whole
> lot, including newlines.  When the new release comes out, it would be
> interesting to know if you still think that there needs to be more room or
> not.

I'll certainly try the new release.  For what it's worth, when I
suggested using a textarea to allow a list (delimited either by comma,
semicolon, or newline, I suppose), I figured that'd also require
whatever handles that form submission to parse the field and handle it
accordingly and be savvy enough to know whether it has one ID or
several.  I haven't studied the codebase enough to know whether what I'm
suggesting is hard or not--doesn't seem obvious that it would be.

Thanks very much for the reply.  I suspect I won't be exercising this
particular usage pattern often, but probably more than once.

Cheers,

// m