[Spambayes] spamBayes doesn't seem to train that some junk suspectsare good email

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 12 18:03:13 EST 2004

> I have some email that I receive from specific
> email addresses that spamBayes has decided are
> "junk suspects". When I find these emails in my
> junk suspects folder, I click on RECOVER FROM SPAM
> and it puts them back in my inbox. I've done this
> numerous times and yet it still classifies these
> email addresses as possible spam. Why won't it learn
> that these aren't spam after I click on RECOVER FROM
> SPAM over and over again on these messages?

Do you have a roughly equal number of ham and spam messages trained?
SpamBayes works much better in that case.

Otherwise, we can't really help unless we see the clues.  In fact, if *you*
look at the clues for the message, then you can probably see why it scores
what it does. If not, then post us an example of the clues, and we can
explain it to you.

=Tony Meyer

---