[Spambayes] Password authentication problem with POP3Proxy

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Wed Jan 14 14:59:44 EST 2004

All my Eudora personalities (their term for accounts) use the same two
ports: 3110 and 3025 to the proxy (sb_server.py) then 110 and 25 as usual.
I know there's instructions in some docs to use separate ports for each
personality but i've never found it necessary. I'm using Eudora pro 5.1

You may have to create a a second personality for the other account. If it
was working before spambayes, you probably already did this. In that case,
you may have to find the encrypted passwords in eudora.ini and comment
them out. Copy the line containing the password (I'm not home so I don't
know the syntax) and place a semicolon at the start of one. Make the other
one a blank password. It might look like this:

password=fgh5645hgfff324346

so make it look like this

password=
;password=fgh5645hgfff324346

Find all occurences and do this to them. This forces Eudora to prompt you
for new passwords for each account.

That might be your problem. It might be using the wrong password, perhaps
the password for the other account.

The sb_server.py proxy relays the passwords exactly as you tell it to. The
trick it to tell it correctly.

hth,
Tom