[Spambayes] SpamBayes permission

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 14 19:30:16 EST 2004

> Greetings.
> 	I am writing on behalf of Jane Brownlow, Executive
> Editor with McGraw-Hill/Osborne. We are currently on a book
> entitled, "Anti-Spam Tool Kit" and would like to promote your
> tool by including it on a CD-ROM accompanying the book. We
> are trying to provide as comprehensive and helpful resource
> as possible.
> 	If you want us to include your tool in the CD-ROM of
> this book, simply follow these steps:
> 1.	If you are not the primary person in charge of granting
> permission for this tool, please help us by directing us to
> the appropriate source.

Happily, no-one needs to grant you permission (under the terms of the
SpamBayes license), so consider it granted <wink>.

> 2.	For tools that fall under a free or GPL agreement, a simple
> return e-mail will suffice.

SpamBayes 'falls' under the Python Software Foundation license, a copy of
which is included in the source archive.  This is a 'free' agreement.

> 4.	Provide us with the best place URL to download the tool. This
> will ensure that we have the correct and current one to include.

The best place to direct people to is our website: <http://spambayes.org>.
There'll always be a prominent link there to the correct download location.