[Spambayes] bug? Or stupid user?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:57:32 EST 2004

The good news is that we are well aware of this bug. The bad news is
that we have no idea what causes it. The only known workaround is the
same as what you discovered, delete your database and message cache and
start over from scratch. We are tracking this bug here, so if you can
provide any additional information please add a comment:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=841819&group_i
d=61702&atid=498103> &aid=841819&group_id=61702&atid=498103

db_recover requires a "transaction log file", which allows it to rebuild
your database by reapplying the changes that were made since a known
good state. However, for backward compatibility reasons, we do not use
the database in a mode that creates a transaction log so we are unable
to recover the database.

The SpamBayes proxy was designed to be used as a single-user proxy
running on localhost, not as a shared proxy for multiple users. We
suspect that some sort of access contention is causing the corruption,
but we have been unable to reproduce. You may be able to work around
this problem by using a "pickle" storage instead of the BerkelyDB
database. Post a new question to the list if you can't find info on how
to change this.

--
Kenny Pitt

  _____