[Spambayes] Site server revisited...

Carlos G Mendioroz tron at huapi.ba.ar
Tue Jan 20 14:39:23 EST 2004

In reviewing the way to implement a site wide spam marking scheme
based on a global (site) spambayes server.

I was pointed (rightly) to sb_xmlrpcserver.py (and sb_client.py) as
an alternative to the high cost of repeated instantiation of sb_filter.

But.. it seems that the concurrent access of sb_xmlrpcserver.py and
some trainer interface (be it sb_filter or some other) to the DB
is not designed for (noted by Jeff Epler too).

It seems to me that adding the train capability to xmlrpcserver.py would
be the way to go, security issues taken care of.
Comments ?

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron at huapi.ba.ar>  LW7 EQI  Argentina