[Spambayes] Question with SpamBayes and Windows 95

fred fredwin fredfredwin at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 14:49:25 EST 2004

Thanks for the help.  The work arounds however, were not successful.
I used a nifty utility called registry depends (downloaded from microsoft.com, can't remember the link), which listed a required .dll file : ws2_32.dll, found on the Winsock 2.0 update for Windows 95. I installed that, and again, received the error unable to register spambayes_addin.dll file.
Has anyone had any success being able to install spambayes outlook addin on a Windows 95 machine?

Fred Fredwin
IT Tech

Kenny Pitt <kennypitt at hotmail.com> wrote:
There have been several reports of this happening on other versions of Windows as well. There is an open bug on it here, where you will find some workarounds described that *might* work for you.

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=807618&group_id=61702&atid=498103>
or if that gets too mangled,
<http://tinyurl.com/3agvc>

The next release will use an entirely different method of registering, so hopefully this will no longer be a problem.

--
Kenny Pitt