[Spambayes] Suggestion: Filtering Action for Ham in SpamBayes Outlook

Brown, Jim brown at terralign.com
Sun Jan 25 11:55:37 EST 2004

One feature that I'd really like to see in the SpamBayes Outlook client
is a filtering action for ham. Outlook rules aren't sufficient because
they may interfere with SpamBayes, unless SpamBayes is run in the
background at which point there is no way for the Outlook rules to know
if mail is ham or spam.

In my case, all I want SpamBayes to do is notify me that I've received
new ham in a manner similar to what Outlook does using the "Notify me of
knew messages" rule. Variations might include using a tray icon or a
small always-on-top notification window. There seem to be a number of
users who want an alternative to the standard Outlook tray icon or new
mail dialog because those two methods report both spam and ham. This
would seem to address their request as well.

Comments?

Thanks.

---Jim