[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: not seeing messages.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jul 1 19:35:02 EDT 2004

> I have trained 0 ham and 95 spam.

Note that this will give terrible results - the only mail you've shown
SpamBayes is spam, so any mail it sees will look like spam.  Generally it's
a good idea to have roughly the same amount of ham and spam trained.

> The problem I am having is spam bayes does not find my messages even
> though I have typed in and cnfigured to read my Pop3 server.

You log indicates that you've setup SpamBayes correctly, so presumably you
just haven't made the required change in your mail client.  Just open up the
settings for your mail client (if you say which one it is we can probably be
more explicit) and change it to get mail from "localhost" rather than
"pop.west.cox.net".  That should be all that's required.

=Tony Meyer

---