[Spambayes] sorry for troubling

JJR jjaxa at multinet.pl
Wed Jul 7 01:13:07 CEST 2004

Hi everybody!

First of all thanks for developing SpamBayes - works great, vitually without fauls.

Still it is only a filter - any action like deleting spam must be undertaken by a mail program. And here is my question: when I was playing with different rule settings of Outlook Express it was hard to filter spam, but it acted all right - after selecting "remove news from server" or "do not download"  mailer was receiving only those messages that fitted the rules.

After installing SpamBayes these options don't work anymore - mailer can automatically delete spam, but first it has to receive all there is on the server. Of course it doesn't count in minutes, yet it is somewhat irritating to see that spam still flows free, making up for the traffic, so that instead just 10 ham messages I have to download all 250 of spam emails.

Is there any way of dealing with it?

Yours,
Jedrzej

I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0rc1 (May 2004) (binary), with version 2.3.3 (#51, Feb 13 2004, 14:39:56) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] of Python; my operating system is Windows 4.90.73010104.1 ( ).  I have trained 21 ham and 95 spam (and turned off caching, as it works all right:).