[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: AttributeError

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 11 14:58:33 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0rc1 (May 2004) (binary),
> with version 2.3.3 (#51, Feb 13 2004, 14:39:56) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
> (Intel)] of Python; my operating system is Windows 5.1.2600.2 (Service
> Pack 1).  I have trained 458 ham and 2398 spam.
>
> The problem I am having is when I make any change on the confirmation
> page or even if I keep the current settings I get the following series
> of error messages and any modificatons I made are not saved.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 461, in found_terminator
>
>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 770, in onChangeopts
>
>   File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 731, in verifyInput
>
>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 862, in verifyInput
>
>   File "spambayes\OptionsClass.pyc", line 585, in convert
>
>   File "spambayes\OptionsClass.pyc", line 266, in convert
>
> AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'split'

This problem has been reported by a number of people, with lots of
difference options.  I can't duplicate it, and am reasonably convinced
that it's caused by the configuration file having an old version of an
option, but I don't know which one.

Any chance that you could send us (or me) your configuration file?  You
can remove or XXX out the server values, if you like.

Remi
--
/"\
\ /