[Spambayes] Configuration problem?

Philip Delancy philip.delancy at tesco.net
Sun Jul 11 16:28:02 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Philip Delancy
To: spambayes at python.org
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 6:21 PM
Subject: Configuration problem?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to set up Spambayes and can't progress.  I've spent hours going through all your material and FAQs.

I run Windows 98SE with Outlook Express and Spambayes v 0.6.

I've set port numbers 8110 and 8111 for my 2 mail accounts and checked all the boxes in Header Options.

When I try to set "localhost" in my incoming and outgoing mail server instead of 1) mail.tesco.net and 2) pop.compuserve.com and smtp.compuserve.com it rejects it.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Phil Appleton', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Do I need to set anything else to do with the proxy server?  I'm not sure where to find "the name of the machine".

Spambayes looks as if it might be good when it's working, I get a lot of spam.  I can let you know then.

Kind regards,

Philip Delancy

www.philipdelancy.com