[Spambayes] bug??

Armstead, Scott E. armsteads at msx.umsl.edu
Tue Jul 13 22:29:55 CEST 2004

I am running win2kpro and outlook 2000 sr-1 with spambayes 1.0b1.  I am also syncing a Dell Axim Pocket PC with outlook using Active Sync ver 3.7 .  I configure Spambayes to work after install and it works fine.  Then one day it just quits filtering and tells me that it hasn't been configured correctly and I need to configure it to keep using it.  When I go back in to the configuration manager, and choose train there are no folders for me to choose for Spambayes to filter or train from.

The only way I know to resolve this is to completely uninstall and then reinstall Spambayes.  This typically takes care of the problem for a 'while', then it happens again.  It seems to me like the error occurs during a reset, or reboot when I don't get Outlook opened up before Activesync is looking for data in Outlook.

I have attached a copy of my spambayes log with hopes that it might help.

Thank you,

 <<spambayes4.log>>

Scott Armstead
Coordinator Student Support Services
University of Missouri St. Louis
314.516.6550

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
            -- Charles Wadsworth