[Spambayes] Using SpamBayes with YahooPops!

Rick Friedman RickFriedman at vfemail.net
Wed Jul 14 07:57:34 CEST 2004

Hello all!

I have just started using SpamBayes and find that it works
wonderfully.

However, I am having a problem getting it to work with YahooPops! I
have YahooPops configured as such:

     It is bound on IP address: 127.0.0.1
     The POP3 port is: 117

This works perfectly fine with my email client. My client has the pop3
server set as 127.0.0.1 and the port as 117. I have tried to configure
SpamBayes for use with YahooPops. I set the remote server to 127.0.0.1
and the SpamBayes port to 117.

My email client still receives the email but it is not going through
SpamBayes. It's as though SpamBayes is not there. SpamBayes still
works with my other POP3 accounts though.

Has anyone gotten it to work with YahooPops? If so, can you possibly
shed some light for me?

Thanks in advance!

Rick
--
The next greatest place to heaven on earth? A ballgame at Yankee Stadium.