[Spambayes] unregister outlook_addin.dll

Andreas K services at andreasK.de
Thu Jul 15 17:23:37 CEST 2004

Hi!
Up to now I am very happy about spamBayes, but the upgrade
to the newest version unfortunately did something to a
workaround I need for my system.

Usually, in version 0.9,
I switched off spambayes with

  %windir%\system32\regsvr32.exe /u outlook_addin.dll

THEN opened Outlook,
POP3-collected all mails,
quit Outlook,
reregistered spambayes with

  %windir%\system32\regsvr32.exe outlook_addin.dll

and started Outlook again.
Then all Spam was sorted properly.

The reason: Some ( < 1% ) messages crash Outlook 2000 as long as spamBayes
is loaded, I can send you some such messages, if you are interested ;-)

After asking around for quite a while (here and with Microsoft),
the only workaround I got was the one explained above.

So now please tell me, what I do have to do to unregister
the new (1.0rc2) outlook_addin.dll.
At the moment, doing it the old way, the regsvr32.exe crashes!
"abnormal program termination"

Please be quick, Outlook is my most important program.
And I really do not want to use a different spam-filter,
SPAMbayes _is_ great, even with the hassle described above!

Thanks a lot!
             Andreas