[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: Computer hangs while trying toreview messages

samnicholls at appintec.com samnicholls at appintec.com
Thu Jul 15 21:18:50 CEST 2004

Howard,

I reported the same issue about a week ago, it was answered for me by Rich
Barger.  It was a conflict between SpamBayes and version 5.x of ZoneAlarm,
specifically its TrueVector service.  The Cisco VPN client may also be
involved. I've also attached the email sent to me by Rich which describes
how to do a "clean" uninstall of ZoneAlarm.

Even though you don't mention ZoneAlarm, the symptoms you report fit
exactly.  I hope this helps.

Sam Nicholls
Alameda CA