[Spambayes] More on 'Spammer Attempts to Circumvent Bayesian Filter'

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Mon Jul 19 11:04:28 CEST 2004

On Saturday 17 July 2004 03:33, Richard B Barger ABC APR wrote:

> I get the sense that "legitimate-appearing" text isn't easily caught by
> SpamBayes .... I've appended an example at the
> end of this message.

That example includes the word 'baseball' in an attempt to appear legitimate
to those users whose ham email contains that word.

For me that word almost only appears in this type of passage, and it was the
strongest spam clue in your email. The attempt to appear legitimate will fail
for all users except the minority who are baseball fans.

--
Toby Dickenson