[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: [No longer filtering]

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 19 12:01:49 CEST 2004

> The problem I am having is no longer filtering mail... this
> is in my email;

>  .  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 190, in chi2_spamprob
>  .  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 493, in _getclues
>  .  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 508, in _worddistanceget
>  .  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 311, in probability
>  .AssertionError

This means that there is a problem with your database.  (More specifically,
it means that somehow there is a token in the database that has been seen in
more spam than you have trained spam, which is obviously impossible).

The only solution (other than manually mucking about with the database,
which isn't recommended) is to retrain from scratch, sorry.

It's very unusual to see this error (even more rare than the "DB Run
Recovery" database problem, which is rare now, too).  If the problem
reoccurs, we'd be interested in hearing about anything unusual in your setup
that may have caused the problem.

=Tony Meyer

---