[Spambayes] Training Disparity Issues

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 22:31:10 CEST 2004

Richard B Barger ABC APR wrote:
> Tony Meyer wrote:
>> Perhaps you could use the Review page to scan through the unsures,
>> and
>> see what the scores are like?  (To do this, you have to enable two
>> advanced options via the web interface - one to add the "Score"
>> header, and one to show the "Score" column in the review page).
>
> RBB:  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Absolutely!  Thank you!
>
> However, I believe I found a bug:
>
> I had already clicked those settings several days ago, Tony, and
> nothing had changed on my Review Messages screen.  That is, the
> "Score" header had not been added.  I tried this in both Firefox and
> IE, with the same results.
>
> After fiddling around a bit with the Advanced Configuration Interface
> Options, I found that I needed to alter the very first option --
> "Headers to display in message review" -- before the Score header
> would appear in the Review Messages lists.
>
> After quite a bit of trial and error, I find that simply putting in a
> trailing space after the default headers, "Subject From ", tricked
> the system into displaying the Score header on the Review Messages
> page.  Really.
>
> Now maybe I've been drinking, but, if so, I don't remember it.  <g>
> I couldn't get the Score header to display until I made a change in
> the "Headers to display in message review" window.

That's rather odd.  I'm running with "Headers to display" set to "Subject
From" with no space after From and with the "Display score in message
review" option set to Yes, and I get the Score column just fine.

Can you reproduce this reliably?  For example, does the Score column stop
showing up as soon as you delete the extra space at the end and then
reappear every time you add it?  Also, check and make sure that there
actually is a space after From.  I just tried appending the trailing space
and saving the configuration, and when I went back to the Advanced
Configuration page the extra space had been automatically removed.

--
Kenny Pitt