[Spambayes] SpamBayes in Public Folders

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jul 22 05:37:00 CEST 2004

> I know that I can select a public folder for
> both incoming and sorted mail (Junk, Suspected Junk),
> but it seems like I can have those folders only
> in my personal area OR in the public folder.

I'm confused by this.  Do you mean that you can only have one spam folder
and one unsure folder, and all filtered folders go there?  If so, then
that's by design (it makes things a million times simpler).  The only way
can think of to get around this is to have another copy of Outlook running
somewhere, that handles the second set of filtering tasks.  (Or writing a
whole new script or making lots and lots of changes to the plug-in to handle
separate destinations).

If that is what you mean, then none of the rest of this applies.  If it's
not, then maybe it does <wink>.

> Ideally I'd like to be able to have a separate
> Junk Mail/Junk Suspected section within the public
> folder that can be shared between multi-users
> (e.g., several receptionist). This doesn't seem
> possible under the areas I can find, but maybe there's a way.

What happens if you try to do this now?  You should be able to select any
(mail) folder for filtering or as an unsure/spam destination.  If you don't
have the appropriate permissions for the folders you might have troubles -
the log files will have details.

=Tony Meyer

---