[Spambayes] How to make SpamBayes authenticate for proxy

Jim White jimwhite at surfbest.net
Thu Jul 22 17:35:14 CEST 2004

Thanks, Tony,
I manually specify the proxy, so I changed the globals in the *.ini file and
the error in the log looks different now, but still no joy.  Here's the log:

Error checking the latest version
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "addin.pyc", line 543, in CheckLatestVersion
  File "spambayes\Version.pyc", line 142, in fetch_latest_dict
TypeError: int argument required
ERROR: 'There was an error checking for the latest version\r\nFor specific
details on the error, please see the SpamBayes log\r\n\r\nPlease check your
internet connection, or try again later'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "addin.pyc", line 543, in CheckLatestVersion
  File "spambayes\Version.pyc", line 142, in fetch_latest_dict
TypeError: int argument required

This obviously isn't a big problem for me, but if anyone is interested in
it, I'm happy to try things.  Incidentally, I use Firefox but IE is still on
my machine and I keep it updated.

Jim