[Spambayes] SpamBayes in Public Folders

Mark Lewandowski theatre at rosebudtheatre.com
Thu Jul 22 18:18:44 CEST 2004

I was hoping for the first idea you mentioned, that I could separate a
personal mailbox with its spam requirements from a public folder with
its spam requirements. I realize it's a tall order, but one can always
ask.

I'd be interested in trying the second Outlook tack. I'm not sure how
that would work.

To answer your second part (since this may be a bug to be dealt with), I
create a new mail-enabled public folder (called "Testing"). I created
Junk and Suspected Junk within that Testing folder. I set the filter to
look at Testing and then to put the appropriate messages in the
appropriate folders within Testing. When I send a known spam message to
Testing, nothing happens. But when I send that same message to my Inbox,
it is filtered to the Suspected Junk under Testing. Even thought Inbox
was NOT selected. I tried different combinations of selecting things,
but could not leave my Inbox alone.

I am using Outlook Addin, Binary 0.81 (Sept 9, 2003) version of
Spambayes and Outlook 2002 (SP1). I had all the permissions possible
(owner of public folder, full admin rights to the server, etc.)

Thoughts?

Mark