[Spambayes] mozilla

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 07:49:18 CEST 2004

[Dorothy Wyatt]
>>> I have spambayes at work where I have no choice but to use Outlook,
>>> and it work greats, and some little icons in the toolbar that I can
>>> "remove, etc" messages from spambayes. Can I set it up this way in
>>> mozilla ??

[Tim Peters]
>> Sorry, I'm afraid not.  "Nice" integration with a specific
>> email client is a relatively enormous amount of tedious work,

[Tony Meyer]
> Just in case you don't know - you can use SpamBayes with Mozilla (Mail), but
> without the nice integration.  You use the same installer, but choose
> "sb_server" rather than the Outlook plug-in.  It's certainly not as
> convenient as the plug-in, but the end results are the same.

To continue in this positive vein <wink>, the end results may be
better:  the Outlook addin is uniquely blind in some respects because
Outlook destroys the original structure of incoming email.  For
example, the Outlook addin *could* do a better job of feeding
information about attachments to the classifier, but it's so tedious
to reconstruct this info that nobody has done it yet.  All other ways
of using SpamBayes get this info "for free" (from the original MIME
armor that Outlook throws away).